Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ibrahim Labyad: A bad idea, a bad movie

Ibrahim Labyad Sucks, here is the full story:
Well, I have finished my exams and as I am used to for as long as I can remember It's time to hit the cinema and watch the best movie out there to officially start the summer and so we did. We have not always been luck with movies, some good ones and some really bad ones, but always me and kareem (a friend of mine got to choose them). Tonight it was Ibrahim Labyad.
I am a big fan of Ahmad Al Saqa, there has been always something to his movies that made it really special, a great story, a great script, a great picture and of course as always his great performance; I only got to see his good performance, he wasn't even as good as the last one. No story at all, just the life of a street man (baltagy) with no point at all of choosing him to be the center of anything.
Some of my friends told me that the movie represented reality and what a bad representation it was. The girl who has never been to school read the newspaper better than I did when I was in high school, his friend pronounced cafeteria as if he has been out of his BMW and all the characters were so polite although they were all mad murderers.
The ending gave no closure, no expression, no nothing. My opinion if you're thinking about seeing it DON'T.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you :D

    really don't enter this movie there is no story in this movie, it was just the effects in the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. u are in that ahmed,yes this movie was bad in every aspect, i really was expecting something better than that from the staff.by the way i also like great expectations & David Copperfield the same as u do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god...i am so nervous lol! Today, i am going to see this movie at the montreal film festival with two of my French co-workers...i am Egyptian and i absolutely love France, so we are always discussing and talking about our respective countries.

    God i hope they don't get a bad idea of Cairo/Egypt after watching this...just by seeing the trailer I could tell that it's a dramatic and violent portrait of the city and its people.

    ReplyDelete