Sunday, February 14, 2010

Music as I hear it: Rascal Flatts - The Day Before You, Bless The Broken Road

(The following are some random thoughts of mine) You might already know that Rascal Flatts is my favourite bands. The thing I like about there music is that it always means something (At to me it does). The thing I'd like to mention here is Appreciating the Journey.

"Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you"
Bless The Broken Road
"Oh, but Heaven knows those years without you
Were shaping my heart for the that day I found you
If you're the reason for all that I've been through
Then I'm thankful for the day before you"
The Day Before You

The thing I find in those word is appreciation of what one's been through to reach the unexpected result God laid before him/her after an underestimated journey.

Also I get that one shouldn't settle for less. I believe in fairness in this world, you get what you've earned and you lose what you've given up. So if you're plan is not to settle for less then you should be out there giving your best for what you think you deserve.

One last thing, don't forget to appreciate the journey cuz that's what you'll have when you're old, memories, and it's up to you to decide whether you want them good or bad.

1 comment: